JHS Ltd can provide quality land based training and assessment nationwide. We are also a contracting company as you can see from the other pages on this site all managed from the family farm in the heart of Wales.
Our team of Instructors and Assessors are all actively working in the subjects in which they take, they speak your language are friendly and constructive.
We provide training and assessment in plant, machinery and equipment. There are many different training courses and assessments on offer, but if you don't see what you are looking for, please get in contact and we can discuss your requirements.
We are a LANTRA training provider and can provide City and Guilds Land based Services (NPTC) assessments reasonably.
We are able to complete Training needs assessments, personal development plans and in house company training plans. We may also be able to help you access funding for your skills.
Some of the training and assessment that we can provide include:
- Safe use of Pesticides (PA1), Hand held applicators (PA6), Boom sprayers and weed wipers (PA2), Pellets and granules (PA4)
- Safe use of Aluminium Phosphide (Phostoxin/ talunex tablets)
- Vermin Control including control of commensal rodents (rat bait), Rodent control on farms, Mole trapping, Rabbit control, Rat and mouse control
- Forestry subjects
- Chainsaw and related subjects
- Arboriculture training and qualifications
- Wood chippers
- Strimmers/ brushcutters
- ATVs – Sit astride and sit in ATVS
- Tele handlers/ forklifts
- Loading shovels
- Abrasive wheels
- Verge mowers
- Arm mounted flails
- Mobile elevated work platforms
- Livestock behaviour and handling
- Sheep Dipping
- Welfare of animals in transit long and short distance
- Veterinary and Medicine qualifications
- Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Business planning
- Hedge trimmers
- Understanding and using your accounts